Monday, February 15, 2010

I almost forgot it was Valentine's Day yesterday. Feb 14th, 2010, coincided with the Chinese Lunar New Year and buried in the "Kong Hey Fat Choy" calls. In addition, it fell on a Sunday followed by President's Day (3rd Monday in Feb.), which was, surprisingly, a holiday for both my current employer and my main client, both in the IT industry. I thought only folks in the public sector and the financial industry would get that day off. Last but not least, my wife is in a different city far far away from me. So I didn't have to worry about the V-day rituals. Well, I did have some chocolate truffles sent to her in Shanghai around a week ago, but I didn't have to shell out anything for a "romantic dinner." Instead I tried to relax, and watched Narnia, Prince Caspian on DVD at home.

No comments: