Wednesday, June 11, 2008

On a day when the DOW is down 1.68% and the Nasdaq 2.24%, my portfolio is down 1.06%. But it has turned negative for the year at -2.4% (vs. Cramer's -6.6%, and S&P's -7.3% YTD).

I sold 1 quarter of my PM position today which went up, and rotated some of the proceeds into more MO which came down. They are in the same industry but Cramer thinks MO is a better value. I'm sort of blindly following Cramer on this one, as both are defensive in nature. MO does have a higher yield, but the US domestic environment is more hostile. So we'll see.

I also bought some BE at $1.3, and more OI at $51.2. My view on BE has not changed and will look to sell after a 10% bounce.

Financials took another bath today and WM is hovering around $6 now. WM has obviously turned out to be a bad buy for me, which I should have sold earlier. But at $6 I simply cannot sell it. WM isn't likely to go under, but I don't think it will top $12 by the end of the year.

Current holdings are: RTN MOT HGM CVTX SGP OI MCD MO PM BP HAL EPD C WM FNM BE

No comments: