Thursday, November 12, 2009

I moved back to the Bay Area last Sunday, and started my new job the next day. My boss has been nice and asked me to take it slow, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that he really wants me to take over a lot of the stuff he's been having to do with this account that is now mine to own. It's in a way exciting for me, as I own the P&L. Let's see if I can deliver against the target. Might not be easy, as I'm new to my employer and to this account at the same time, and on top of that I have moved across the Pacific and am surrounded by boxes in my place...

Well, I came back married. But my wife won't be able to join me until after the Chinese New Year, probably in early March. She's got her commitments to her employer that she's keeping, and I respect that. I just don't want us to be apart for too long, after all we just got married less than a year ago. I wanted to tell her that I miss her here, but I know this site is blocked by the Great Chinese Firewall.

Now that I'm alone again I start to appreciate my life in Shanghai, where I didn't have to worry about any housework or food at all. But the weather is nice here, and the McDonald's is just across the street, where I got myself a breakfast today.

Jetlag is still bothering me, and next week I'll need to start really taking charge of the account.

No comments: